There are very few policies which apply across all Wikia. These can be found on the Central Wikia at Wikia:Category:Policy.
Other policies for this Wikia should be decided by the wiki community. It's generally best to keep policies as simple as possible, and not to introduce too many rules. A growing wiki can usually do well with a few simple policies and a lot of goodwill and cooperation.
Rules of the wiki. PLEASE FOLLOW THEM. Pictures coming soon!
This is from the Plants vs. Zombies Wiki.
- You must be at least 13 years old. If you say you are under 13 or heard about it on another wiki, you will be blocked until your 13th birthday!
- No swearing. Use * for censoring a word or type (censored). However, some swear words are not swear words worldwide so you can say them as long as you don't use them purposely to annoy/offend a user who it is a swear word to. If you use the worldwide swearing you get a block without a warning. Consequences:
- 1 week for minor
- 1 month for medium
- 3 months for major
- 6 months for racist cusses
- No spamming or vandalism. Spamming is writing useless things on a page or comment. Vandalism is messing up a page with unrelated facts. This includes spamming minor edits to get badges; please only make two or three edits in a row per page.
- Please use American English (tyres --> tires or lift --> elevator) on everything except your userpage. Please give us proof by writing a sentence with British English. And because Australian English is similar to British English, this rule also applies.
- No reverting good edits without a good reason.
- No offensive or inappropriate content (includes harassment, racism, sexism, and bigotry).
- Two accounts are not allowed. It is called sockpuppeting. See here for more info. It is an exception if you forgot your password on an account. A bad name is not a reason to have 2 accounts, as Rename Account will allow you to change your username without the need to create a second account.
- No advertising.
- No backseat moderating or mini-modding. That means you must not tell someone to stop doing something that breaks the rules. Just report them to admins, b-crats, chat mods, rollbacks, VSTF members and Wikia Staff.
- Consequence: 2 week block after ten warnings
- Please, do not leave links to the same page, or redirects leading to the same page. This won't get you blocked immediately, but they are annoying.
- Keep editing to your userpage at a minimum. Mainspace edits are more important.
- Do not create duplicate pages.
- Don't make pages in the Tom and Jerry Kids Show Wiki namespace without permission from the administrators.
- Don't reveal personal information, including your password.
- You may make templates for your userpage, but ask a staff member before making a template for further use in the wiki.
- No abusive/inappropriate usernames. If a username was not inappropriate but user was blocked for the username, that was because T And J Kids was so sensitive about her favorite character and she didn't want to see it on someone's username. So she blocked it indefinitely. See the rules about usernames for more info.
- Consequence: 1 year block 1 week after a warning is given
- Main article: Tom and Jerry Kids Show Wiki:Manual of Style
- No adding personal opinions about pictures (you can give out your opinion in your userpage, however).
- On talk pages (both user talk pages and article talk pages), always sign your comments.
- Do not leave messages on talk page archives that are archived.
- Do not remove messages on other users' talk pages.
- Inappropriate talk page behavior should be reported to admins rather than removed.
- Do not force your personal opinions on other users, such as what you think is better than the other.
- Do not use profanity at all.
- Do not write chain letters at all.
- The only pictures allowed besides those about Tom & Jerry Kids or the wiki are avatars, emoticons, and pictures used for userboxes.
- You can put any un-related to Tom & Jerry Kids images on your usepage.
- No inappropriate content on images.
- Don't create duplicate images. If neccesary, update the original image instead.
- Don't steal other users' images.
- Follow the above rules.
- Don't revert good edits.
- Follow the above rules.
- No abusing power.
- No adding unfair rules.
- Only close forum threads if they are spam/vandalism, your own, or if you have permission from the author.
- No abusive editing of comments or replies.
- If a staff member has not edited for 2 months, they are considered inactive.
- If they haven't edited for 6 months, they may be demoted if the active administrators decide to do so.
- Follow all of the above rules.
- No using your powers to take a good user's rights.
- No "becoming a dictator".
- Do not remove an inactive user's rights without a vote by the active admins.
- No "promoting a user JUST BECAUSE IT'S YOUR FRIEND"!